- How “old school NASCAR” got Next Gen back on trackon January 14, 2022 at 2:57 pm
It was less than four months ago, during an interview at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where Wilson said, “We’re all behind,” when it came to the development and testing of the new car.At that point, NASCAR had conducted just one multi-car test at Daytona International Speedway, and that produced a list of new issues, including driver cockpit overheating and problems with the car’s …Keep reading
- One Daytona 500 winner’s tradition may be altered this seasonon January 12, 2022 at 9:33 pm
Since 1997, the winner of the Daytona 500 has been presented with the Harley J. Earl Trophy in Victory Lane, and the winning car is put on display in its race-winning condition for one year at the Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum adjacent to Daytona International Speedway.However, with the delays in the development of the NASCAR Cup Next Gen car and supply-chain issues for its parts and …Keep reading
- Jacques Villeneuve set for NASCAR Daytona 500 entryon January 12, 2022 at 7:03 pm
Villeneuve has spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway driving the #27 Ford in the Next Gen test for Team Hezeberg, a new Cup team this season formed between racing legend Toine Hezemans and Dutch entrepreneur Ernst Berg.Loris Hezemans, the 2019 NASCAR Euro champion, plans to compete in all the road course events on the Cup schedule in 2022, but is not yet approved for …Keep reading
- Earnhardt: Next Gen introduction not comparable to Car Of Tomorrowon January 12, 2022 at 12:21 pm
The two-time Daytona 500 winner hasn’t raced a Cup car since his retirement following the 2017 season, but is participating in a two-day test at Daytona International Speedway with his former Hendrick Motorsports team while reigning Cup champion Kyle Larson is competing in the Chili Bowl, an important short track midget racing event.Speaking following the first day of running, 47-year-old …Keep reading
- Next Gen test at Daytona produced “pretty hard racing”on January 11, 2022 at 9:15 pm
Just over two hours into the first of a two-day test, NASCAR asked teams to run a 10-lap drafting test on the 2.5-mile superspeedway.In the test, the cars utilised an aero package featuring 510 horsepower with a seven-inch spoiler. While NASCAR didn’t immediately release timing and scoring data from the session, officials said the speeds were “comparable” to those seen at Daytona during …Keep reading
- The closing stages of the F1 campaign were marred by accusations from Red Bull that its title rival Mercedes was using flexi-wings to increase its straightline speed.The suspicion was that Mercedes had found a clever way for its main plane to flex down at high speed to help reduce drag.Red Bull even went as far […]
- Mercedes offered Grosjean the chance to test its 2019 W10 car following the French driver's departure from F1 at the end of 2020, where the horrific accident he endured at the Bahrain Grand Prix proved to be his final race in the championship.To allow Grosjean to sign off on a higher note, Mercedes had pencilled […]
- The Woking outfit is the third team to reveal a launch date this far, with Aston Martin opting for 10 February and Ferrari naming 17 February.All three dates announced thus far suggest that the teams concerned are planning to run shakedown “filming days” ahead of the start of official testing at Barcelona on 23 February.Unusually […]
- Part of the agreement for the three experimental sprint races held last year was an allowance within the new the budget cap framework for competing in the extra events.Teams were given an allowance of $150,000 per event or $450,000 in total just for taking part in the three sprints.The teams were also given a $100,000 […]
- F1 and its governing body have found themselves on the receiving end of a wave of criticism for the way in which the 2021 season ended in controversy after the way a late-race safety car restart was handled at the final race.While an FIA investigation into the events of Abu Dhabi and questions over F1's […]
- Rugged Radios Expands Senior Management Teamby Motor Sports NewsWire on January 18, 2022 at 12:44 am
ARROYO GRANDE, CA – January 17, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Rugged Radios is on the move and expanding its senior management team after record growth in 2021. We are proud to announce the […] The post Rugged Radios Expands Senior Management Team appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Monster Energy athletes dominate Oakland Supercross – Jason Anderson & Christian Craig sweep top spotsby Motor Sports NewsWire on January 17, 2022 at 9:21 pm
Anderson (Yamaha) wins 450 class for the first time since ’18; Craig (Yamaha) makes it two-in-a-row in the 250cc class; Seth Hammaker (Kawasaki) 3rd on 250s CORONA, CA – January 17, 2022 – (Motor Sports […] The post Monster Energy athletes dominate Oakland Supercross – Jason Anderson & Christian Craig sweep top spots appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- SEMA Scholarship Application Period is Now Openby Motor Sports NewsWire on January 17, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Program helps aspiring automotive industry professionals jump-start their careers DIAMOND BAR, CA – January 17, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The 2022 SEMA Scholarship application period for students preparing for careers in the automotive […] The post SEMA Scholarship Application Period is Now Open appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- 2022 MotoAmerica Tickets On Sale Nowby Motor Sports NewsWire on January 17, 2022 at 8:20 pm
It’s All Here From General Admission To VIP Ticket Options And Camping Reservations As MotoAmerica And Its Fans Prepare For An Exciting 2022 IRVINE, CA – January 17, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – MotoAmerica, […] The post 2022 MotoAmerica Tickets On Sale Now appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- BMW Motorrad reveals R 18 M and R 18 Aurora at the Verona Motor Bike Expoby Motor Sports NewsWire on January 17, 2022 at 2:30 pm
Exclusive custom bikes were developed by two famous Italian customizers with support of BMW Motorrad Italia and the dealer network. MUNICH/VERONA – January 17, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The Verona Motor Bike Expo […] The post BMW Motorrad reveals R 18 M and R 18 Aurora at the Verona Motor Bike Expo appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.