- Why NASCAR owes a debt of gratitude to late track mogul Bruton Smithon June 25, 2022 at 2:39 pm
In a sport driven by characters that at times seemed larger-than-life – Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Richard Petty among them – Smith always seemed to be among the best at capitalising on their appeal to the masses. Yes, the drivers were the stars. But to be stars, there had to be an audience that adored them.It was that audience that Smith continued to provide for and tap into during …Keep reading
- The F1 fan engagement mentality that surprised a Daytona 500 winneron June 25, 2022 at 8:03 am
But for Cindric the most notable contrast is not in the technical regulations nor the completely different sporting approach. Instead, it is fan engagement that stands out for him as the biggest deviation.Cindric attended his first F1 race in Canada last weekend and got to see up close how a real life grand prix played out. Having got used to a series where fans get fully up close to the …Keep reading
- How NASCAR Cup is on pace for a record-breaking season in 2022on June 24, 2022 at 4:33 pm
With 10 races remaining before the start of the 2022 playoffs, NASCAR has already seen higher TV ratings, strong race-day crowds and plenty of on-track action, particularly on intermediate tracks.While the Next Gen car hasn’t been a smashing success everywhere – short track races at Martinsville and Richmond were sub-par for instance – but overall the car has received good reviews from …Keep reading
- Castroneves eyeing NASCAR Cup opportunity after stock car winon June 24, 2022 at 2:58 pm
The Meyer-Shank Racing IndyCar driver won the opening round of the Superstar Racing Experience (SRX), a six-race mini-series in which drivers from top US racing categories compete in identical stock cars, at Pensacola last weekend.Series CEO Don Hawk had told Castroneves that he’d get the Brazilian a ride in the Daytona 500 if he won an SRX race.Prior to this weekend’s second SRX race in …Keep reading
- Supercars star Kostecki explains 2023 NASCAR planon June 24, 2022 at 8:20 am
Kostecki began to put his NASCAR plan into place during a recent trip to the US where he took in both the Indianapolis 500 and the Cup Series race at Gateway.While Stateside he kicked off talks with potential parties that could facilitate a partial Cup or Xfinity Series programme next season.The idea isn’t for a full switch from Supercars to NASCAR next year, but a handful of races to …Keep reading
- The latest fruit of his labours was announced by Red Bull on Tuesday, when plans for the RB17 hypercar were revealed at its Milton Keynes headquarters in the UK.The RB17 is set to be the first car fully produced by Red Bull, having previously worked in conjunction with Aston Martin on the Valkyrie project – […]
- Vips was heard using racist language during a live stream of a video game, leading to his immediate suspension by Red Bull pending a full investigation by the team.Ahead of this weekend’s British Grand Prix, Red Bull announced on Twitter that Vips’ contract had been terminated, ending his association with the team after four years.“Following […]
- After activating a break clause in the contract with Bernie Ecclestone in 2017 due to the 5% escalator fee, a new five-year deal for Silverstone was signed with Liberty Media in 2019. Now operating with a “much more collaborative” relationship with F1’s owners, the circuit’s managing director Stuart Pringle is now “prepared to join hands and walk […]
- Piquet made a racial slur while referring to Hamilton in an interview on a Brazilian podcast towards the end of last year, with the comments emerging this week.It led to Piquet’s comments being condemned by both F1 and the FIA, while Hamilton’s Mercedes team also issued a statement lending its support to the seven-time world […]
- Amid a dramatic rise in inflation and a cost of living crisis, a number of squads are struggling to stay below the $140 million budget cap limit sent for this year.Some outfits, like Ferrari and McLaren, have already admitted in public that they are on course to break the cap this season because costs have […]
- Old Bike Barn Crossroads Returns for 2022 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Daysby Motor Sports NewsWire on June 28, 2022 at 5:28 pm
The Crossroads will feature the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Ride-in Bike Show presented by Old Bike Barn, vendors and more PICKERINGTON, OH – June 28, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The Old Bike […] The post Old Bike Barn Crossroads Returns for 2022 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- BMW Motorrad USA and California Superbike School Renew Relationshipby Motor Sports NewsWire on June 28, 2022 at 2:00 pm
WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – June 28, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – BMW Motorrad USA would like to announce its renewed relationship with long time partner – The California Superbike School. BMW Motorrad USA and […] The post BMW Motorrad USA and California Superbike School Renew Relationship appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Webb Extended Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Contract Through 2023by Motor Sports NewsWire on June 28, 2022 at 1:45 pm
MURRIETA, CA – June 28, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Two-time 450SX Champion Cooper Webb has put pen to paper, inking a deal with the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing team that extends through […] The post Webb Extended Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Contract Through 2023 appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Yamaha Motor Expediting Carbon Neutrality Goal for Company Factories to 2035by Motor Sports NewsWire on June 28, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Carbon-free electricity accelerating progress toward a decarbonized society IWATA, JAPAN – June 28, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (Tokyo: 7272) is pleased to announce that the Company is accelerating its […] The post Yamaha Motor Expediting Carbon Neutrality Goal for Company Factories to 2035 appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Yoshimura Introduces 2022 Honda Navi RS-2 Mini Race Series Exhaust Systemby Motor Sports NewsWire on June 28, 2022 at 1:15 pm
CHINO, CA – June 28, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Hands down the Honda Navi is the most economical Honda made today, many have been showing up at local track days and racing the […] The post Yoshimura Introduces 2022 Honda Navi RS-2 Mini Race Series Exhaust System appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.