- How Cindric’s four-wide move defined a wild Atlanta NASCAR Cup raceon February 26, 2024 at 6:48 pm
Saturday’s 300-mile Xfinity Series race had been a mundane affair, featuring mostly single-file racing with drivers apparently unwilling to take risky moves for fear of losing track position. Numerous cars running out of fuel at the end set up a dramatic two-lap overtime and surprise winner, but that was hardly indicative of what much of the race had offered.That’s why there were so many …Keep reading
- NASCAR Cup: Daniel Suarez wins wild Atlanta race in three-wide photo finishon February 26, 2024 at 9:00 am
Suarez, who had recovered from a multi-car accident on the second lap, lost the lead on a restart with five of 260 laps remaining, but was able to power to the outside lane on the final lap as Kyle Busch and Ryan Blaney raced side-by-side.Suarez made it three-wide coming off Turn 4 and the trio raced to the chequered flag, and with no clear winner it prompted a NASCAR review.NASCAR declared Suarez …Keep reading
- Chastain “content” despite tough Daytona 500 losson February 20, 2024 at 11:42 am
The Trackhouse Racing Chevrolet driver took the lead after the final set of green flag pitstops, and narrowly avoided a 23-car pileup in the closing laps. Daytona 500 glory was in sight, but the battle wasn’t over just yet.William Byron (Hendrick Chevrolet) took over at the front when racing resumed after a brief red flag with four of the 200 laps remaining, but Chastain mounted a massive charge …Keep reading
- NASCAR explains timing of race-ending caution in Daytona 500on February 20, 2024 at 10:34 am
Hendrick Motorsport driver Byron made a timely charge to the front of the field following the final round of green flag pit stops.After a massive late wreck, Byron bolted to the lead on a restart with four of the 200 laps remaining. Approaching the white flag to signal one lap remaining, Byron moved to block the oncoming charge of Ross Chastain’s Trackhouse Racing Chevrolet, who then clipped the …Keep reading
- NASCAR Daytona 500: Byron wins wild, delayed epic as Chastain wreckson February 20, 2024 at 3:40 am
Byron, who had never finished better than 21st in the NASCAR Cup season opener, grabbed the lead from Ross Chastain on a restart with four of 200 laps remaining.Byron had just taken the white flag – signalling the start of the final lap – when a multi-car wreck erupted behind him which forced NASCAR to immediately throw a caution, which froze the field.That locked Byron into the victory in …Keep reading
- Despite his success in sprints in recent seasons, Verstappen has made it clear he is not a fan of having an extra event tacked on to the weekend.This year's timetable has been changed, with the shootout on Friday followed by the sprint and main qualifying on Saturday.The key change is that while previously teams were […]
- News emerged on the morning of 1 February, a day after Hamilton informed Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff over breakfast, that the seven-time champion would join Ferrari for the start of 2025.Given the story leaked first, Mercedes and Ferrari did not formally confirm the shock switch until they coordinated their announcements later that evening.Hamilton says […]
- Audi’s acquisition of Sauber was officially announced in August 2022, and since then the Swiss team has been ramping up its infrastructure and headcount under CEO Andreas Seidl.Meanwhile Audi has been developing its power unit at a dedicated new F1 facility at its Neuberg base.However, last year key F1 advocate CEO Markus Duesmann left the […]
- Where once the F1 field was full of vibrant liveries that really stood out, F1’s latest ground effect era has witnessed teams strip back to as much bare carbon fibre as possible in a bid to save critical weight from their heavy cars.It is a trend that shows no sign of abating – as Alpine’s […]
- The French manufacturer has been bracing itself for some early struggles, with the performance of its new A524 in Bahrain testing last week suggesting it will be battling at the back of the field – and could even be last.But while it has not been shying away from its competitive reality, Alpine team principal Bruno […]
- Triumph is recalling certain 2023 Trident 660 and Tiger Sport 660 motorcyclesby Motor Sports NewsWire on February 26, 2024 at 2:10 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. – February 26, 2024 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Triumph Recall – Front Fork Caps May Detach Front fork cap detachment can result in a loss of vehicle handling and control, increasing the […] The post Triumph is recalling certain 2023 Trident 660 and Tiger Sport 660 motorcycles appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- CFMOTO is recalling certain 2023 450SS motorcyclesby Motor Sports NewsWire on February 26, 2024 at 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. – February 26, 2024 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – CFMOTO Recall – Telematics Box May Fall onto Front Steering Forks A loss of steering control increases the risk of a crash. NHTSA Campaign […] The post CFMOTO is recalling certain 2023 450SS motorcycles appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Cooper Webb Wins Arlington Supercross, Extends Dallas-Area All-Time Win Recordby Motor Sports NewsWire on February 25, 2024 at 2:00 pm
Haiden Deegan Earns First Supercross Victory ARLINGTON, TX – February 25, 2024 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Monster Energy Yamaha Star Racing’s Cooper Webb took a thrilling win at Round 7 of the 17-round 2024 […] The post Cooper Webb Wins Arlington Supercross, Extends Dallas-Area All-Time Win Record appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Billy Bolt Delivers Dominate Performance at SuperEnduro in Bulgariaby Motor Sports NewsWire on February 24, 2024 at 10:32 pm
HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING STAR EDGES CLOSER TO FOURTH CONSECUTIVE INDOOR WORLD TITLE WITH CLEAN SWEEP OF WINS AT PENULTIMATE ROUND IN SOFIA MATTIGHOFEN, AUSTRIA – February 24, 2023 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Putting on […] The post Billy Bolt Delivers Dominate Performance at SuperEnduro in Bulgaria appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.
- Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Christian Craig to Sit Out Arlington Supercrossby Motor Sports NewsWire on February 24, 2024 at 8:36 pm
RE-AGGRAVATED ELBOW INJURY PLACES 450SX RIDER ON THE SIDELINES AHEAD OF ROUND 7 MATTIGHOFEN, AUSTRIA – February 24, 2024 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider Christian Craig has been ruled […] The post Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Christian Craig to Sit Out Arlington Supercross appeared first on Motor Sports NewsWire.